Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Beautiful Sight

There was a time when being in a room with a huge dance floor like this would have freaked me out, but now I cherish seeing a sight like this; only now do I realize how hard it is to find an opportunity to dance on a great big dance floor with a group of people who love to dance and know how to dance well--or at least are past being too self-conscious to try.

It saddens me that dancing--rather than being a regular community social event as it has been in generations past--has now been mostly relegated to something drunk people do badly.

The self-confidence, life lessons, and relationships I've gained in my almost 4 years of dancing are something I cherish, and I hope to be able to do this in some capacity as long as I live and hopefully pass the love on to the next generation.

I'll post some of the life lessons learned in a future post.

No comments: