Friday, April 2, 2010

Obedience

Good Friday is great for perspective.

I've been upset a lot lately for having to do something recently that I absolutely did not want to do. It's easy in these circumstances to focus on the discomfort of not getting what I want. I took an unpopular stand (at least unpopular with me) and seemingly am missing out as a result...

But today reminds me that Jesus faced a decidedly unfair situation and was obedient to a level I can never imagine--letting himself be killed when it was completely in his power to end it. If anyone had a right to shout "Unfair!" it was He.

Now there is no comparing the excruciating pain and perfect obedience of Jesus to my mild discomfort at not getting all I WANT along with all I need...don't misread what I'm saying. I'm just glad to spend an evening getting my attitude lovingly adjusted in the presence of other brothers and sisters in Christ as we reflect on His death and resurrection. His perfect obedience and loving sacrifice reminds me that He really does care for me and want the best for me.

Jesus, thank you for loving me and giving yourself so I could be with you. Help me with your strength be a man of obedience after your heart.

Have a Happy Easter everyone! I hope you experience His perfect love and acceptance in a real and meaningful way.

No comments: