Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another Forgotten Treasure

I remember when David Hasselhoff was cool.

I always dreaded the end of a weekend--even in primary school--but the one thing that made it worth it was Knight Rider on Sunday nights. Who can forget that amazing theme song...

But I remember one tragic Sunday in October when K.I.T.T. went head-to-head (grill-to-grill?) with Goliath and was almost destroyed. Part of the suspense leading up to this season 2 premier was the opportunity for fans to send in a postcard and request a "KITT Kit" schematic of the modifications to K.I.T.T. that would be coming...and would you believe I found mine in a box of old keepsakes during my last move!?





My memories of the document was that it was much more technical than it really is. Also, I don't know if it was just me or the nature of these mail-in things, but I remember being so jazzed when it came in the mail; this was back in the day when I *NEVER* got mail, much less anything so cool as to be KR related, and enough time had passed between sending in my postcard that I'd forgotten it was coming.

Anyway, I hope kids today have such things to look forward to, but I'm guessing the web and instant downloads have eliminated them...

No comments: