Thursday, August 14, 2008

Buried Treasure?

During the move a few weeks ago, I found a box of old desk items from my residence hall days (you know, one of those boxes that just gets moved from place to place--stored but never opened), and I found my old 35mm point-and-shoot camera...with film in it!

I purchased my first digital camera in 2000 (yes, I was an early adopter--paying $300 for a 1 MP Kodak) specifically because I was frustrated at not having any pictures of the events in my life. I bought it after developing a roll of film and finding two Christmases on the same roll--one at the front, some other misc yearly events in the middle, and another at the end. The thought was that by buying a digital camera and rechargeable batteries, the marginal cost of the next picture was negligible, thus encouraging me to take pictures more often.

It worked...I'm on my third digital camera and have taken almost 10 GB of pictures in the past nine years.

So this mystery role of film is likely from the 1999-2000 time frame, but it could possibly contain pictures older than that. What will it reveal? Stay tuned...

No comments: